What makes The Rosedale House of Waterloo, IL, more than just your average senior living home? For starters, this intimate facility has been designed to feel more like a close-knit family than a large, impersonal care facility. With only 16 studio and 1 bedroom independent living suites, our residents love personally interacting with our many friendly residents and exceptional staff, every day.
Our private living accommodations are just right for seniors who are looking for independence in their senior living home, but enjoy the security and comfort of support and services 24 hours a day. However, we also understand that independent living is about so much more than privacy and comfort—though these things are paramount—it’s about socializing, exercising, having fun, and maintaining a healthy lifestyle too! That’s why we offer senior living home in-house activities like:
• Parties—Each resident has a birthday celebration, but we also have regular events like candlelight dinners, non-alcoholic cocktail parties, garden parties, holiday dinners and parties, Jubilees, patio picnics and BBQs, tea parties, and more!
• Outings—Like picnics, bird watching, community festivals, and even just walks around the grounds or neighborhood.
• Arts—The arts like music, painting,and acting are important for entertainment and creativity. We offer sing-a-longs, musical recitals, outings to local school and church plays, concerts and a weekly trip to the Waterloo Band Concert in the summer.
• Games—Our residents love playing Bingo and a wide range of card and table games.
• Exercise—We encourage regular activities, and even have our own Senior Olympics! Or, just head out for a walk around beautiful Waterloo, IL, with friends.
• Activities—Residents get involved with a range of activities like cooking projects, corresponding with soldiers, dancing, gardening, and writing to their pen pals—a group of Texas students!
• Craft Club—Enjoy productive activities like crafting, bake sales, scrapbooking, and the Sewing Circle.
• Social Hours and Clubs—We want residents to have plenty of chances to get together and chat about similar interests, with social hours and clubs like our coffee klatch, the Friendship Club, the Men’s Club, and the Red Hat Ladies.
• Religion—We encourage our residents to worship and offer devotions.
• Entertainment—Regular in-house entertainment is provided by local community groups, 4-H, boy scouts, church choirs, and local bands or singing groups.
• Education—Participate in current events seminars, guest speakers and entertainers, the History Club, presentations, demonstrations, discussions, and more!
Our senior living home residents always have good times at The Rosedale House, where we work to keep them mentally, physically, and socially active each and every day! Learn more about the wide variety of activities we offer by calling us, or coming for a visit today!